- This event has passed.
Kindergarten Readiness CAN
October 17, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Date change from normal day of the month.
Presentation by Arizona Department of Education on the Kindergarten Development Inventory.
Location: Ponderosa Room
Coconino County Health Services Building
2625 N. King St
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Paul Intro- Summarize LAUNCH collective impact (5m)
- Rene Intro- Intro school readiness CAN (5m)
- Kindergarten Readiness CAN:
Action group supporting world class education by aligning systems and resources to ensure every child in Flagstaff arrives to kindergarten ready.
- Kindergarten Readiness definition:
Kindergarten readiness encompasses holistic and developmentally appropriate skill sets, knowledge, mindset and supports necessary for optimal educational success.
- Currently 47% of Flagstaff kindergarteners arrive ready to lean
- LAUNCH Kindergarten Readiness CAN aims to increase that number incrementally annually
- Welcome/Introductions (5m)
- LAUNCH Kindergarten Readiness- Immediate task (5m)
- Ensuring all Flagstaff kindergarten programs
- Have common measures of kindergarten readiness
- Use a common tool to measure kindergarten readiness
- Share kindergarten readiness data
- Lauren Zbyszinski,Ph.D, Director of Professional Learning and Sustainability (45m)
Arizona Department of Education
- How KDI can be used as a tool to measure K readiness as children enter kindergarten? (Share the condensed “checklist” of skills)
- KDI in practice
- Learning environment
- Teacher-child interactions
- Intentional activities
- How teachers use data
- How data can inform parents
- Sites piloting KDI
- Teacher feedback on implementation
- Teaching Strategies- KDI (10m)
- Training process
- Training fee
- Question and Answer (15m)