- This event has passed.
SEDI Teacher Awards
May 23, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
2019 SEDI Teacher Awards for Sustainable Curriculum
This is the 10th year the Sustainable Economic Development Initiative (SEDI) has been recognizing excellence in education through the Teacher Awards for Sustainable Curriculum (TASC). Four $2,500 TASC Awards are given annually to pre-K through grade12 teachers to encourage and recognize development and implementation of innovative educational approaches in all disciplines (e.g. math, English, history, sciences, economics, etc.) that instill in students the importance, value and practicality of local environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainability.
This year, SEDI is awarding $17,000 in awards to teachers in celebration of excellence in education.
Awards will be given to:
- Yvonne Berry – Coyote Springs Elementary School
- Amy Dries – Sinagua Middle School
- Heather Horner – Kinsey Inquiry & Discovery School
- James Jones – Puente de Hozho Elementary School
- David Krassner – Coconino High School
- Lyndsay Ludden – Oak Creek School
- Stephanie Marrero – Cottonwood Community School
- Eric Miller – Joseph City High School
- Emily Musta – Flagstaff High School
- Brad Neal – Joseph City High School
- Kristine Penca – Sinagua Middle School
- James “Chris” Rennaker – Mt Elden Middle School
- Leah Sussman – Northpoint Expeditionary Learning Academy
- Elizabeth Tavasci – West Sedona Elementary School
- Robert Zinni – Northpoint Expeditionary Learning Academy
For more educational events that my not be listed here, visit Flagstaff365.com