FINANCIAL LITERACY NETWORK ACTIONABLE OUTCOMES
ACTIONS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS
- FAFSA awareness and completion events.
- Development of a referral process for agencies to refer clients to appropriate financial literacy resources
- Develop distribution channels for the Financial Hierarchy of Need
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
- Review the financial literacy program rankings, identify the gaps and strategize for improved alignment.
- Refine the timeline and action steps for creating a mentorship system for FAFSA completion for fall 2019
- Develop and/or adopt a one-sheet to guide students and parents in completing the FAFSA
- Recruit UWNA volunteers to support NACRC in FAFSA labs
- VITA, Coconino County Community Services ask clients about need for FAFSA support
- Top 5 FAFSA FAQ’s https://blog.ed.gov/2016/01/top-5-fafsa-questions/
QUESTIONS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION
- What education standards exist for K-12 financial literacy from the Arizona Department of Education?
- How is financial literacy being taught in the Flagstaff area public schools?
- What resources exist for helping children in their early years establish a foundation for financial literacy and mathematics?
- What other community organizations provide financial literacy services in the Flagstaff area?
- What qualifications will we use to identify the students/families targeted for FAFSA mentorship?
- What partner organizations can be sources for volunteers for FAFSA mentorship?
- What partner organizations can be sources for identifying potential students/families for FAFSA mentorship?
FINANCIAL LITERACY TEAM MEMBERS
Eileen Sherlock, Team Lead
United Way of Northern Arizona – VITA
Native Americans for Community Actions
NAU – Educational Opportunity Center
Coconino Community College – TRiO
Northern Arizona College Resource Center
Coconino County Community Services
United Way of Northern Arizona
Coconino County Community Services – Save to Learn
Small Business Development Center
Earn 2 Learn