1. Presentation by North Country Healthcare on the Resource Provider Database as part of our effort to improve coordination and delivery of child development and parenting information.
2. Given the impact of the Flagstaff minimum wage increase on Head Start eligibility, what questions do we need to ask to prepare partners for keeping student participation in high-quality preschool programs at or above 23% for 2018?
- KDI Implementation Update
- Review of inventory of providers of parenting and child development information
- Report on literary review of measuring coordination of parenting and child development information
- Surveying parents – What do we want to know?
1. Review the baseline report data
2. Prioritize strategies to meet 2018 measurable outcomes set by the Community Leadership Council
- Data Presentation
- Discussion: Theory of Change
Agenda: Celebration of our progress this year.
Bring a new community partner; parent; teacher…
Multi-LEA Collaboration on Kindergarten Readiness
Mountain School, PEAK School and the Flagstaff Unified School District (FUSD) collaborated on a multi-LEA (Local Education Agency) application for partnership with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) to receive support for implementation support the Kindergarten Developmental Inventory (KDI) / K-3 Formative Assessment. The application was filed with the ADE on November 14, 2017, two days ahead of the application deadline.
The goal of this collaboration is to establish a consistent and reliable method for assessing community-wide student readiness for school and to better address individual student needs. Through this collaboration, over 185 students will be served across five elementary schools: Mountain, PEAK, Sechrist, Marshall, and Killip. Read more “Multi-LEA Collaboration on Kindergarten Readiness”
Location: Family Resource Center
- Flagstaff Unified School District (FUSD) – Kindergarten Development Assessment (KDA) and Data Evaluation Process
- Head Start – Teaching Strategies GOLD (TSG) tool
- Discussion: Kindergarten Developmental Inventory (KDI) and AZ Dept of Ed (ADE) Partnership Agreement Collaboration
- Next Steps
- Next Meeting: December 5 – Celebrate our progress and bring a new community partner; parent; teacher
- Discuss the proposal by the ADE for partnership agreements with local education agencies.
- Coordinate action around partnership agreements with ADE and use of the KDI citywide.
Department of Education Presents for LAUNCH Network
On October 17th the LAUNCH Flagstaff Kindergarten Readiness Community Action Network (CAN) met with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) to learn more about their Kindergarten Developmental Inventory (KDI) as part of our research into finding the most appropriate tool for Flagstaff educators to measure developmentally appropriate skills necessary for success in Kindergarten. Read more “Department of Education Presents for LAUNCH Network”