1. Discussion and review of survey of Flagstaff area manufacturers on their needs for internships
2. Identify next steps and planning for an October community event for manufacturing internships
June 8, 2018
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (lunch included)
Murdoch Community Center: 203 E Brannen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Panelists Dr. Brent Neilson, Superintendent of CAVIAT JTED and Janea Byrne, Internship Coordinator for NAU Career Development will discuss the potential and pitfalls of work-based learning throughout a student’s career.
This event is FREE, but please register here.
Flagstaff Community Grad Night is a celebration for ALL high school students who are graduating in the Flagstaff area. This includes district high schools, charter high schools, home school, and alternative high schools. It is a free and safe place for the students to come and celebrate their accomplishment.
Friday, June 1st 9pm-2am
NAU Health and Learning Center
824 S. San Francisco St.
Adult volunteers are still needed. Click the button to learn more and volunteer.
In room 537 at CCC Lone Tree Campus
-why FAFSA (share quick stats)
-why DE (share quick stats)
-Review Public College and Career Readiness Events-FHS and CHS events
-Discuss what is for the public, and what can be shadowed or duplicated at other sites
-Review NAU resources (what can Roxanne and co provide-provide example of what they already do for FUSD) and other resources
-DEFINE or DETERMINE schedule of FAFSA/College and Career Ready Events
-where we hope to be, stats (I think you were looking for this data) from CCC re 1.total participants 2. costs 3. number of teachers 4. HLC challenges
6. Discussion regarding Pros/Cons, limitations, where we are now and the ASK (for next meeting):
– Have folks come to the next meeting with list of their DE course, or course they think would qualify (I will ask CCC to have a one page re: how to get your class DE)
– Have CCC come to meeting with sample IGAs or MOUs 3. Other DE data or concerns based on data (based on the Pros/Cons we discussed)…I am think about Ari…DE is only in state…well, someone can bring to the October meeting AZ examples of course that are DE and AP. Or someone (Dave and I already discussed this) can present info on IB…like the fact it is a three year process and sight level decision/district decision