Flagstaff Community Town Hall on Funding pre-K – 12 Education
LAUNCH Flagstaff has partnered with the Arizona Town Hall organization to convene a Flagstaff Town Hall event on October 1, 2017 at Coconino Community College. This half-day event will bring together one hundred and eighty community leaders, policy makers, educators, students and other community members around the topic of Funding for preK-12 Education. The results of our event will help inform the state-wide 110th Arizona Town Hall in November.
Participation requires pre-registration.
Flagstaff Town Hall Tentative Agenda: October 1, 2017
12:30-1:00 pm Check-In and Networking
1:00-5:00 pm Town Hall Process
- Welcome by Coconino Community College President, Dr. Colleen Smith
- Presentation of Colors by Girl Scouts Arizona Pine Cactus Council
- Education overview and background by NAU President, Dr. Rita Cheng
- Overview of the process by AZ Town Hall staff
- Small group discussions (10-12 people) and creation of action-plans
- Small group reports with full group discussion
- Final action steps and consensus building
- Closing by Flagstaff Mayor Coral Evans
5:00 – 6:30 pm Post event dinner
As a result from the promotion of and participation in the Flagstaff Town Hall, community members will be more informed about the issues impacting our educational system related to public funding of preK-12 education in Arizona. Additionally, the community will be more aware of the collective impact efforts of the LAUNCH Flagstaff partnership in creating a communitywide culture of world-class education for all Flagstaff’s children and youth. With this awareness, community members will be better prepared to take action not only at a local level, but also a state level when it comes to educating Arizona’s future.
$25* Registration (dinner included)
*limited scholarships available for students and teachers
Major funding provided by:
with additional support from: